- Blog >
- Website design and ergonomics >
- Advice of the week: The importance of mobile websites. Your audience members are switching gears: keep up with them!
Advice of the week: The importance of mobile websites. Your audience members are switching gears: keep up with them!
26 September | Posted by @Catherine Beaumier Lacroix
- Make sure your mobile website has its own URL (e.g. www.mobile.vortexsolution.com)
- Adapt your website’s design to a mobile phone’s screen dimensions. Make all visuals elements more attractive, easier to understand and user-friendly.
- Select relevant sections that will be useful to mobile users and do not attempt to cram all of your website’s content into the mobile website. Smartphones are not as powerful as computers and downloading takes more time. You’re better off having less to offer and having content that can be accessed quickly. Users who get frustrated about having to wait for a page to load will most probably give up even before having accessed your content.
- Take advantage of features more commonly used in mobile browsing: geolocation, social networks sharing tool, etc.
Still unsure about the suitability of a mobile website? If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I invite you to take a look at this chart that won’t leave you unconvinced!
Be the first to comment!