Environmental Policies at Vortex Solution
- All lights must be turned off, with the exception of emergency lights, upon leaving the office at night or on weekends. Furthermore, heating is lowered by 3 degrees Celsius at night during the winter.
- Computer monitors must be shut off upon leaving the office at night.
- All lights of an unoccupied office must be turned off.
- Computers and printers are shut off during the weekend.
- Photocopiers are placed on energy saving mode when unused.
- Office supplies (paper, folders, etc.) are recycled when possible. In addition, orders are placed once a month (except in the event of an emergency) in order to prevent providers from having to make unnecessary trips.
- Folders, files, paper, paper clips, etc., are reused.
- Paper, cardboard and plastic are recycled.
- Documents are printed only when necessary.
- No plastic cups or utensils are used in the dining room.
- Compact fluorescent bulbs are used for office lighting.
- An incentive not to print emails is added at the end of a signature file as well as after a signature on most documents.
- Empty toner cartridges and batteries are recycled.
- Products sold in bulk or in large quantities are favored to those sold individually, thus reducing the amount of required packaging.
- Employees consume tap water.
- Obsolete computer hardware is granted a second life; it is given to a charitable organization.
- Fresh local products made in Québec are favored as often as possible.
Our enterprise is partners with Jour de la Terre (http://www.jourdelaterre.org)
Vortex Solution announces the website launch of Centre Gi...
Vortex Solution announces the website launch of Mia Foods...
Vortex Solution announces the website launch of Deblecx, ...