This week’s Top 5 most impacting factors on your SEO
07 October | Posted by @Catherine Beaumier Lacroix
Five main factors for improving your SEO:
- A unique domain name. The domain name should be a keyword in itself. Once purchased, keep it for a long period of time (stability and permanence of a website are among the first factors analyzed by search engines).
- Useful content updated on a regular basis. Google, Bing and Yahoo are fond of rich and updated content. It’s also one of the best reasons to seriously consider putting up a News and/or Blog section on your website.
- Highly optimized content (much sought-after keywords). It’s important to submit a query with relevant keywords. Google also has a keyword generator tool, dedicated to queries, on Google Adwords.
- Optimizing every web page. Personalize each URL of your web pages and product sheets (if applicable), make sure that the meta description of your web pages is completed and follow title tag standards (< h1 >, < h2 >, etc.) on each page.
- Link-building. Link-building consists in inserting links that will redirect web users to your website on external websites (online directories, comments section on blogs, press releases, etc.). Google’s algorithms take into account the number of links that point to your website and then rate your website’s popularity. To summarize briefly: the more quality links there is on your website, the higher your website will be ranked by Google.
Obviously, these five factors are essential, but aren’t the only ones to consider when setting out a successful SEO strategy. To better understand what SEO specialists do, here are some of the things they do to perfect a website’s SEO:
- Analysis of the website’s global framework, page per page.
- Autopsy of your industry sector and geographical location.
- In-depth keywords search (analysis of competitors, analysis of research behavior, etc.)
- Development of rich textual content and qualified keywords
- Analysis of the relevancy of an Adwords campaign (and campaign set-up, if applicable).
- Support to online marketing campaign strategies.
- Examination of your Google Analytics statistics.
To sum up, know that there’s simply no magic formula for positioning your website on first page results, NONE. It’s an advanced technical work that requires the help of specialists that master their discipline and that focus on ethics and professional rigor.
Next Wednesday, Francis Roussin, SEO specialist, will share his expert advices for advanced SEO strategies!
Be the first to comment!