Viral Web Contests La Capitale
In business for more than 70 years, La Capitale has been offering insurance products and financial services to a clientele composed of individuals and businesses. Wanting to attract a new customer base, the company called upon Vortex Solution’s services to organize "La Capitale’s Take a longer vacation!" viral contest. The goal here was to build a list of e-mails from people that may need insurance. To scout potential clients, La Capitale launched – with Vortex Solution’s help – a Facebook contest that would let them publish on participants’ wall and gather more "likes" for their page. The contest was envisioned in a playful way, in which participants choose their adventurer profile for a chance to win one of the four available prizes.
Vortex Solution carried out a contest available through La Capitale’s Facebook page. To enter, users had to follow these steps:
- Like La Capitale’s page
- Give the application access to information so that La Capitale is authorized to publish it on their wall
- Choose an adventurer profile
- Fill out the entry form
- Invite Facebook friends to enter the contest and earn more chances to win if they participate
- Share the contest on their Facebook wall or that of a friend, in a group, on a page or through private messaging
- Share on other social networks or by e-mail
- Acknowledgment and possibility to continue to La Capitale’s Facebook page or website where they can fill out an online insurance quote to earn an additional chance to win the contest
Featuring an attractive and sleek design that is reminiscent of La Capitale’s website, the contest page was appreciated by users thanks to its playful aspect and integration to La Capitale’s Facebook page – an active space that was already popular among many fans. By adding several sharing options giving additional chances to win the contest, La Capitale helped its subscribers to promote its page among other users. With this strategy, La Capitale was able to give its services more exposure and collect e-mail addresses of numerous prospects.